The richest people in the world: How these billionaires made their money
In the coming years, Adani plans to invest $70 billion in the renewable energy sector. Over the decade period, the median net worth of the top 10 billionaires has nearly tripled from $39 billion to $115 billion. The only billionaire whose net worth did not drop (an actually increased by $1.58 billion) was the now-third richest man in the world, Indian billionaire, Gautam Adani.
- As aforementioned Musk is the richest man in the world, but he doesn’t want to stop there.
- Colombia’s Alejandro Santo Domingo was the highest-ranked newcomer, inheriting a $9.5 billion stake in Santo Domingo Group from his father.
- Mukesh Ambani heads Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Limited, a Fortune Global 500 company and the largest private sector company in India.
- The list was finalized as of 18 March, thus was already partially influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Over time, the median net worth of the richest billionaires has grown significantly.
Suppose if all the peoples of this world becomes equally rich or poor, then will not the world stop functions its basic regular courses. That’s why doesn’t the rich one are just being rich for the poors and the poors are just being poor for the riches.
Move over, Jeff Bezos. India’s richest man is now wealthier than the Amazon founder
He converted Ferret-Savinel to a real estate company named Férinel Inc. in 1979. Most of Arnault’s wealth comes from his massive stake in Christian Dior SE, the holding company that controls https://www.bookstime.com/ 41.2% of LVMH. French nationalBernard Arnaultis the chair and CEO of LVMH, the world’s largest luxury goods company. LVMH brands include Louis Vuitton, Hennessey, Marc Jacobs, and Sephora.
China had 319 , Germany had 114, and India had the fourth most with 101; India reached over 100 billionaires for its first time. In 2006 he pledged to give away 99% of his fortune and so far has given away $45 million. Unlike many of the other top 5 richest people billionaires on this list, Buffet still lives in the same house in Omaha Nebraska that he bought in 1958 for $31,50, before he made his fortune. Arnault came from a wealthy background, with his family owning a successful construction business.
Elon Musk – $219 billion
He founded Tesla and currently still holds a 15% stake in the company. Of course, there is a clear divide in the world between those who have amassed their own fortunes (the ‘self-made men’) versus those who were born into dynasties and already-rich families. Below, we’ve explored how some of the richest people in the world made their millions, billions — and even trillions….
- According to the US News & World Report, Denmark is the second best country in the quality of life.
- David owned a 42% stake in Koch Industries, with his brother Charles also owning 42%.
- Finally, watermarks are found on most bills and can only be detected by light passing through the bill.
- An engineer by training, Arnault first showed his business acumen while working for his father’s construction firm, Ferret-Savinel, taking charge of the company in 1971.
- Oracle now has a market capitalization of $226.77 billion, and Ellison has retained a stake of more than 40% to date.
Gates founded Microsoft in 1975 with Paul Allen and has since become the largest PC software company worldwide. Although he’s dropped a few places over the past few years, Warren Buffett is the 9th richest man globally, with an incredible net worth of $93.2 billion.